The French Oven's design yields moist, tender results for slow-simmered soups and stews. This versatile kitchen staple can be used for more than just comfort foods – experiment with no-knead bread or even use it to bake a cake!
This high-quality pot is also commonly referred to as a Casserole or Dutch Oven. The latter term was widely adopted after the Dutch became famous for producing and exporting cookware in the 1700s.
Le Creuset Enamelled Cast Iron cookware has been the world's quality benchmark for almost a century. Each piece is cast individually in sand molds and hand inspected by French artisans. The iconic cookware is beloved for both its chip-resistant enamel exterior, its tight fitting lid and superior heat retention that locks in flavour and keeps food moist and tender.
- This French oven is designed specifically to enhance slow-cooking by heating evenly and locking in moisture for more tender results.
- Optimized for steady, even heat, Le Creusets improved enamel interior resists staining, dulling and wear and tear.
- Enamel interiors light sand color makes it easy to monitor food while cooking, ensuring less sticking and burning.
- Stabilizers in the newly engineered lid prevent rocking, keeping the lid snugly in place.
- Improved ergonomic, composite knob resists temperatures up to 500F and provides a sure grip.
- Handles are 45% larger to provide a better grip, even while wearing oven mitts.
- Enameled cast-iron construction boasts superior heat-retention and requires no additional seasoning.
- Material: Enamelled Cast Iron
- Heat Safe: Gas, Electric, Halogen, Ceramic, Induction, Oven, Broiler.
- Comes with the dish and lid.
- Dishwasher safe.
- 10 1/4" (26 cm) diameter.
- 5.3L capacity.
- Made in France.
Limited Lifetime Warranty through Le Creuset.