Open Box item: This item is an open box demo model. Original box, box is in worn condition. No pieces missing, machine is in good condition. There are tiny surface scratches on the exterior of the machine. Final Sale. Please contact us if you have any questions about the machine, or would like to request information about warranty.
Sharp, clear, reduced forms, elegance, compact design and the clear focus on a unique coffee result are the aspects that set the new AI from Jura apart. The slimline one-cup machine offers everything that the heart of the coffee purist could desire. It prepares coffee of a quality that otherwise only the best professional baristas would be able to achieve, and thanks to the highly innovative Pulse Extraction Process also produces ristretto and espresso to the same standard.
Use & Care
- P.E.P for espresso and ristretto of outstanding barista quality: The Pulse Extraction Process developed by JURA optimizes the extraction time. To make a ristretto or espresso, it forces the hot water through the ground coffee at short intervals. This process allows the flavours of the coffee to fully develop.
- AromaG3 Grinder: By perfecting the cutting angle inside the grinding cone, the JURA engineers have managed to increase efficiency significantly. As a result, the perfect aroma can now be achieved in all its natural fullness in half the grinding time. So now coffee lovers can enjoy pure and perfect coffee indulgence with less preparation time.
- Create your specialty coffee in no time: A minimized operating panel results in maximized enjoyment: one touch is enough. Three different cup sizes can be permanently programmed and two coffee strengths selected.
- The automatic energy-saving mode with programmable switch-off time and patented zero-energy switch ensures high energy efficiency.
- Compact elegance for coffee purists: With the A1, JURA is presenting the ideal one-cup machine for coffee purists and those buying their first coffee machine. It is designed to be as small as possible and will comfortably fit anywhere thanks to its ultra-compact design. It prepares coffee of an enticing quality and, thanks to the Pulse Extraction Process, it can also produce espresso and ristretto to the same standard.
- Programmable coffee specialties: coffee, espresso & ristretto
- Pulse extraction process
- Variable brewing chamber: 6 - 10g
- Intelligent Pre-Brew Aroma System
- Grinder type: Aroma G3 grinder
- Monitored aroma preservation cover
- Powder recognition for additional ground coffee variety
- Thermoblock heating system
- 15 bar pressure high performance pump
- Monitored drip tray
- Programmable coffee strength and water level
- Energy save mode and programmable switch-off time
- Height-adjustable coffee spout
- Powder chute for ground coffee
- Water tank capacity: 1.1L
- 1 Bean container, 125 g capacity
- Wattage: 1450 W
- Dimensions: 23.9 cm W x 32.3 cm H x 44.5 cm D
- Made in Portugal
2 year limited product warranty from Jura. For warranty questions and claims, call the Jura Service Centre: 1-855-544-8600. Click Here for more information on Jura warranty coverage.
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every 2-3 months. We recommend using Jura Descaling Tablets.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days
- Keep the stainless steel casing shiny with a microfiber cloth
- Optional: Perform backflush routine and clean the filter basket each week
Click Here for the Jura CLARIS Blue Water Filter Cartridge for use in this machine.
I purchased my A1 from ECS about 6 weeks ago. The machine is ideal for me, as I have no interest in milk drinks, but have come to prefer the convenience of a super automatic. The A1 makes a very smooth ristretto, better than any I've had in any local coffee shop. The cleaning program works very well, but maybe needs to be done sooner than the auto-reminder triggers.
I bought the A1 from ECS in July of 2018. My experience with ECS was excellent. I have no hesitation in recommending a purchase from this company. My experience with Jura, however, has been less than satisfactory. The A1 makes excellent coffee, is very easy to use and clean, and is a very good choice for a smaller household. If you need to make a lot of coffee at one time I would suggest a larger machine. After 9 months the water reservoir developed hairline cracks at the top of the reservoir on both sides, where the water filter cover inserts. These cracks are gradually spreading down the tank, and eventually it will leak. Jura was totally unsupportive. They do not cover this item with their warranty, and the new reservoir is costing me about $80 with tax and shipping. They claim that I must have damaged the tank somehow. I fail to see how this is possible. I am very careful with it. To me it is a design flaw and a manufacturing defect. The lack of support, from the company that purports to be the premium coffee machine maker, is very disappointing. I will reinforce the new tank with tape to attempt to forestall this happening again. Buyer beware!