Barista-quality performance with a new intuitive interface that provides all the information you need to create caf quality coffee at home.The built-in grinder delivers the right amount of ground coffee on demand, for full flavour. With a 3 second heat up time and precise espresso extraction, you go from bean to cup, faster than ever before.
Use & Care
- Intuitive Interface. LCD display with grinding and extracting progress animations. The screen provides you all the precise information you need to make coffee exactly the way you like it, every time.
- Faster Heat Up Time. Innovative ThermoJet heating system achieves the optimum extraction temperature in 3 seconds with instantaneous transition from espresso to steam. Ready to make your best coffee without the wait.
- Integrated Conical Burr Grinder. With a single touch, the integrated conical burr grinder with dose control delivers the right amount of coffee on demand, for maximum flavour. Adjustable grind size and dose.
- 19 - 22 grams dose for full flavour. Achieve a consistent and balanced espresso using the right amount of ground coffee. The 54mm porta-ports-filter with 19 - 22 grams is the key for full flavour and caf quality coffee.
- Precise espresso extraction. Digital Temperature Control (PID) delivers water at the right temperature +/- 2c, ensuring optimal espresso extraction. Low pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start and helps ensure all the flavours are drawn out evenly during the extraction for a balanced tasting cup.
- Microfoam milk texturing. The powerful steam wand performs at the level that allows you to hand texture micro-foam milk that enhances flavour and enables creation of latte art.
- Comes in the box with: Single & Dual Wall (1 & 2 cup), Filter baskets, the Razor Precision Dose Trimming Tool, 480 ml stainless steel milk jug, cleaning kit, water filter
- Capacity: 2L water tank, 250 g bean hopper
- Material: Brushed stainless steel
- Dimensions: 35.4 x 41 x 40.6 cm
- Power: 1680 W
- Settings: Adjustable grind control, intuitive LCD interface, 1 & 2 cup volumetric control
- Voltage: 120 V
- Model #: BES878BSS
2 year warranty from Breville.
For warranty questions & claims, call Breville at 1-855-683-3535.
For faster service when you call, please have the following readily available: Provide the product model number (listed above) and the batch code (this is a 3 to 4 digit number). These numbers are usually located on the back or underside of the product, either on a sticker or an imprinted graphic.
Have an original or a copy of the sales receipt.
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every 2-3 months. We recommend using Breville The Descaler.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days
- Keep the stainless steel casing shiny with a microfiber cloth
- Optional: Perform backflush routine and clean the filter basket each week
Click Here for the Breville ClaroSwiss Water Filter for use in this machine.
Great quality and flavour
After years of going to Starbucks for lattes, I figured it was about time I invested in a espresso machine. After reading and watching numerous reviews, I knew Breville was the way to go, but will admit I was a little overwhelmed all the models they had. I called ECS and spoke to one of their sales staff who answered all my questions and gave me great advice on this model. I also read so many great reviews on the Barista Express but I liked how the Barista Pro has the digital displays make it more user friendly for someone just learning. The Barista Pro heats up water faster than the Express and has more grind settings. It was really easy to learn and dial in. Highly recommend!
What an ugrade, In store demo sold me on this over the barista express. Glad I spent the extra. So easy to use. Just get good coffee