Returns & Exchanges
- Holiday Return Policy
- In-Store Pickup Returns & Exchanges
- Final Sale Items & No Return Items
- Damaged Items
- Returning Damaged Goods
Holiday Return Policy
Christmas / Holiday gift items that are unused, in new condition and in original packaging purchased between October 15th and December 31st, 2023 can be returned until January 31st, 2024. Note that this is only valid on items that fall in line with our regular return policy, and does not apply to final sale & no return items. Items cannot be used and must be in original packaging.
Final Sale & No Return Items
All parts, consumable products (such as coffee, tea, or anything else that ends up your belly) are final sale. For everything else we won’t say "no questions asked", as we find that quite often a customer may be missing a step in using the item. If you have an issue with your machine or appliance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll free at 1-800-263-3890. We can help troubleshoot your machine, and provide you with help using your new machine. In the case that the machine has a warranty concern, we can help you start a new warranty claim with the manufacturer.
Any items marked in the product description as “Final Sale” cannot be returned. Open Box items are marked as final sale and cannot be returned.
- If you are not completely satisfied with most of our items, they can be returned, unused and in new condition, up to 30 days after you receive it with proof of purchase. If you have used a machine or equipment, we will still accept your return, but will apply a restocking fee depending on the condition of the item. Please note that all parts, consumable products (such as coffee, tea, or anything else that ends up your belly) are final sale. For everything else we won’t say "no questions asked", as we find that quite often a customer may be missing a step in using the item. Sometimes by providing a bit of extra knowledge we end up addressing any concerns you may have.
- If you purchased in store you can return to one of our stores. If you purchased online, or for curbside pickup, you can return to one of our stores in Ancaster or Burlington. Note that orders purchased online and returned in-store will be refunded within three business days and not immediately. For any returns being shipped back, please contact us first at email@example.com or call 1-800-263-3890 prior to shipping anything back to us.
- All items must be returned in the original packaging and be complete with all parts. We ask that you package your return items well so that they are not damaged during the journey. We cannot refund items which were not packaged well enough to survive the trip. We also reserve the right to assess and charge a restocking fee of 15-30% if the product is used, dirty, wet or missing any parts or accessories. Once we receive your returned item, we will inspect it to verify any damage and will refund the amount via your original method of payment.
- Please note that return shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for any damaged or lost items. We recommend you insure the package and add delivery confirmation.
All of our products are covered under individual manufacturer warranties. If a product you’ve purchased from us stops working due to a manufacturer defect, please let us know as soon as possible by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will work with you to determine your warranty coverage. Note we are authorized warranty centres for some brands, but you may have to contact the brand in advance to authorize our service work.
Warranties do not apply to any glass or ceramic items or parts, or defect arising from a buyer or user’s misuse of the product, negligence, lack of descaling, or failure to follow product instructions.
To find out who to contact for your specific brand of equipment, see our warranties page here.
If you change your mind or realize that you've ordered the wrong product after it's shipped, we'll happily accept a return as outlined in section 1 above. From this point, you're free to place a new order for the desired product either immediately, or once you receive your refund - it's up to you!
We have a multi-step process to ensure accuracy of all orders that ship from our warehouse. Each item is scanned twice through our system so it is unlikely you will receive the wrong item. We also track serial numbers of items (where applicable) we ship and keep a record of the weight of each shipment. This additional step enables us to duplicate each shipment, repack and confirm all items were shipped by weight. If you are unfortunate enough to discover a mistake or a damaged item in your order, please inform us right away by sending an email to email@example.com or call 1-800-263-3890 so we can rectify this for you asap.
Damaged items must be reported within 2 business days of receiving your order. We recommend that you take pictures of the damages prior to opening any packages.
Please follow the process below to notify us of your damaged items.
Returning Damaged Goods
The return process must be carefully followed in order to ensure there are no issues when returning your product:
a. Call us toll free at 1-800-263-3890 and request to speak to an online customer service representative.
b. The online customer service representative will record your information and acknowledge your claim(s).
c. Follow the directions given by the online customer service representative to return your order. It is extremely important that you include the details of your claim(s) and copy of your receipt with the returned order.
Returns will be processed within 5 business days upon ECS Coffee receiving them.
In-Store Pickup Returns & Exchanges
To arrange your return or exchange, please bring your in-store pickup back to the location you picked it up from. You will receive a receipt of your drop off. Your return will then be processed by our website in 3 - 5 business days, and your payment returned to your original method of payment.
Please note: We have to inspect equipment & machines to ensure all parts are included with the return. Inspections may need to be done by our technician prior to issuing the return. In this case, please allow 48 hours for us to process your return.
For Machine & Equipment Returns: If the item has been damaged, not in the original packaging, or parts / manuals missing, a restocking fee will apply. Restocking fee varies depending on damage or pieces missing. Please ensure your return includes everything the machine came with to avoid this.