The Barista Express, with its integrated conical burr grinder and dosing control, helps deliver the optimum path for beans to espresso in under a minute, ensuring a smooth and thick crema. The measured dose is delivered straight into the coffee filter to maximize luscious crema with every extraction. This espresso maker offers the choice of automatic or manual operation and is perfect for beginners and connoisseurs.
Dose-control grinding. Integrated conical burr grinder with dose control delivers the right amount on demand, ensuring maximum flavour. It's fully adjustable grind size and dose lets you customize to suit your taste.
Precise espresso extraction. Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal espresso extraction. The Breville Razor dosing tool trims the puck for a consistent dose and extraction.
Micro-foam milk. The steam wand performs at the level that allows you to hand texture the micro foam necessary to enhance the flavour of the coffee and create latte art.
Use & Care
- Integrated Conical Burr Grinder. Stainless steel conical burrs maximize ground coffee surface area for a full espresso flavour. Upper and lower burrs are removable for cleaning.
- Adjustable Grind Size. Espresso grind settings from fine to coarse for optimal extraction.
- Adjustable grind amount. Adjust the amount of fresh ground coffee dosed into the filter basket to suit the fineness or coarseness of the grind.
- Automatic dosing. Use the FILTER SIZE button to tell the machine if you are using a 1 cup or 2 cup filter basket. The grinder will dispense the required amount of ground coffee for a single or double cup dose.
- Hands Free Grinding. Auto stop for hands free grinding directly into the portafilter.
- The Razor Dose Trimming Tool. Patented twist blade trims down the puck to the right level for precision dosing and a consistent extraction.
- Adjustable temperature control. For optimum coffee flavour.
- PID temperature control.Electronic PID temperature control for increased temperature stability.
- Thermocoil heating system. Integrated stainless steel water coil accurately controls water temperature.
- Commercial style steam wand.Stainless steel 360 swivel-action steam wand for effortless milk texturing.
- Instant hot water.Dedicated hot water outlet for making Americanos and pre-heating cups.
- Low pressure pre-infusion. Applies low water pressure at the start of the extraction to gently expand grinds for an even extraction.
- Espresso pressure gauge. Monitors espresso extraction pressure.
- Volumetric control. Preset 1 & 2 cup volumes, manual over-ride or re-programmable shot volumes.
- Dry puck feature. Removes excess water from the ground coffee in the filter basket after extraction for easy disposal of the coffee puck.
- Model # BES870XL.
- Included In the Box: Razor dose trimming tool, 54mm stainless steel portafilter, single and double shot pressurized and non pressurized baskets, 1 coffee scoop, integrated tamper, stainless steel milk jug, cleaning disc and tablets, cleaning brush, tool and allen key, water filter holder and water filter
- Stainless-steel housing with aluminum castings.
- All parts that come into contact with water are BPA free.
- Cup Capacity: 2 Cup
- 15 bar Italian pump.
- 1600W Thermocoil heating system.
- Wattage: 1750 W
- Voltage: 110 - 120 V
- On/Off Switch
- Water level indicator
- thermostat indicator light
- Removable drip tray
- Steam control
- Pressure safety valve
- 12" W x 12.25" D x 14.5" H.
- 67 fl oz capacity removable water tank.
- 8 oz capacity bean hopper.
- 19 fl oz capacity milk pitcher.
- Warm Up: Brew Time - 1 minute
- Warm Up: Steam Time - 70 seconds
- Pod Friendly: No
- Water Sources: Reservoir / Internal Tank
- Auto Shut Off: Yes
- Auto On: No
- Pre-Infusion/Aroma: Yes
1 year limited product warranty from Breville. For warranty questions & claims, call Breville at 1-855-683-3535. Click Here to view the complete Breville 1 year warranty terms. For faster service when you call, please have the following readily available: Provide the product model number (listed above) and the batch code (this is a 3 to 4 digit number). These numbers are usually located on the back or underside of the product, either on a sticker or an imprinted graphic. Have an original or a copy of the sales receipt.
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every 2-3 months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days
- Keep the stainless steel casing shiny with a microfiber cloth
- Optional: Perform backflush routine and clean the filter basket each week
Bought this in Dec at ECS in the store and they had a better price than online. They said they were not allowed to advertise below a certain price. I did the checking on a few units and this is true. Go into the store for a deal. Great machine
Great. Once I read the
Great. Once I read the instructions!
Great deal, easy-to-use website, very fast delivery during the holiday season.
Best Company I have dealt with
I have bought a few units for various people over the years, different espresso machines from different companies. The Barista Express is always a great option and makes a great coffee. Just bough the Specialista too and need to see if it is better but not sure yet. Will wait for it to arrive and see. ECS though is always a great company to deal with
The item was in good condition and I had no problem so far. My only concern was when it was delivered, the box (not the purple box but the brown box where the purple box was put on in) was open.