Breville Barista Touch Automatic Espresso Machine #BES880BSS1BCA1
Regular price $1,699.99
Unit price per
Barista-quality performance, a new intuitive touchscreen display, automatic milk texturing, and pre-programmed cafe drinks menu all within a compact footprint. A built in grinder delivers the right amount of ground coffee on demand and with a 3 second heat up time, you go from bean to cup father than ever before.
- Colour Touch Screen Control Panel. Swipe & select from the drinks menu. Adjust your shot volume, milk texture or milk temperature, then save it as your personal favourite.
- Automatic hands free milk texturing. Automatically textures milk to the selected temperature and style from silky smooth latt to creamy cappuccino. Automatic purge removes residual milk from the steam wand when returned to the downward position.
- Rapid heat up. Innovative heating system achieves ideal extraction temperature in 3 seconds.
- Integrated conical burr grinder. Stainless steel conical burrs maximize ground coffee surface area for a full espresso flavour. Upper and lower burrs are removable for cleaning.
- Adjustable grind size. Espresso grind settings from fine to coarse for optimal extraction.
- Adjustable grind amount. Adjust the amount of fresh ground coffee dosed into the filter basket to suit the fineness or coarseness of the grind.
- Automatic dosing. Use the FILTER SIZE button to tell the machine if you are using a 1 cup or 2 cup filter basket. The grinder will dispense the required amount of ground coffee for a single or double cup dose.
- Hands free grinding. Auto stop for hands free grinding directly into the portafilter.
- The Dosing Funnel. Grinding and tamping can be messy business, but the Dosing Funnel™ attachment for the portafilter prevents coffee grinds from overflowing, to help reduce mess and waste.
- The Razor Dose Control Trimming Tool. Patented twist blade trims down the puck to the right level for precision dosing and a consistent extraction.
- Adjustable temperature control for optimal coffee flavour.
- PID Temperature Control. Electronic PID temperature control for increased temperature stability.
- Instant hot water. Dedicated hot water outlet for making americanos and pre-heating cups.
- Low pressure pre-infusion. Applies low water pressure at the start of the extraction to gently expand grinds for an even extraction.
- Volumetric control. Preset 1 & 2 cup volumes, manual over-ride or programmable shot volumes.
- Dry puck feature. Removes excess water from the ground coffee in the filter basket after extraction for easy disposal of the coffee puck.
- Automatic Steam Wand: Automatically textures milk to your taste.
- Integrated stainless steel conical burr grinder.
- Innovative heating system achieves optimum extraction temperature in 3 seconds
- Pre infusion function gradually increases water pressure to gently expand grinds for an even extraction
- Automatic purge: automatic cleaning function for steam wand
|Included in the Box||54 mm full stainless steel portafilter, single and double wall filter baskets, the dosing funnel, 480 ml stainless steel jug, ClaroSwiss water filter, Razor precision dose trimming tool, cleaning kit, water hardness test strip & instruction manual|
|Milk Option||Automatic or Manual Steam Wand|
|Grinder||Conical Burr grinder|
|Heating System||ThermoJet Heating System|
|Water Filter Compatibility||Breville ClaroSwiss Water Filter|
|Water Tank Capacity||67 oz.|
|Pump Pressure||15 bar|
|User Interface||Touch screen display|
|Beverage Varieties||Espresso (double shot, single shot), americano, latte, flat white, cappuccino, plus 8 personalized beverage options
|Other Settings||Touch screen operation, 5 pre-programmed café favourite, adjustable grind control, programmable milk temperature and texture, one / two shots, hot water|
|Temperature Settings||PID temperature control|
|Heat Up Time||3 seconds|
|Grinder Settings||Adjustable grind amount via touch screen|
|Coffee Grinds Capacity||225 g or 1/2 lb|
|Coffee Grounds Container Capacity||N/A|
|Coffee Powder Option||No|
|E.S.E. Pod Compatibility||No|
|Milk Double Cup||N/A|
|Removable Brew Group||No|
|Removable Drip Tray||Yes|
|Cleaning Routine||Descale, flush process|
12.5 cm W x 13.25 cm D x 16 cm H
|Power / Voltage
||110 ~ 120 V / 1680 W|
|Materials||Brushed Stainless Steel, BPA free water tank|
|Country of Origin||China|
Use & Care
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machines user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every 2-3 months. We recommend using Breville The Descaler.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip trays every few days
- Keep the stainless steel casing shiny with a microfiber cloth
- Optional: Perform backlash routine and clean the filter basket each week.
Click Here for the Breville ClaroSwiss Water Filter for use in this machine.
2 year repair guarantee warranty from Breville. For warranty questions & claims, call Breville at 1-855-683-3535 or visit the Breville Website for Breville Support.
For faster service when you call, please have the following readily available: Provide the product model number (listed above) and the batch code (this is a 3 to 4 digit number). These numbers are usually located on the back or underside of the product, either on a sticker or an imprinted graphic. Have an original or copy of the sales receipt.
Shipping + Orders
|Available to our store customers! Free In-Store and/or Curbside Pickup. Just select the In-Store Pickup Ancaster or Burlington shipping options during checkout to collect your online order at the store. For more info, see our full In-Store Pickup Policy.|
Canada Shipping Rates
Our standard shipping rate for orders under $69 is a flat rate of $12.97. Orders over $69 receive free standard shipping.
|AVAILABLE SHIPPING RATES|
|Free Shipping Over $69||FREE|
|In-Store / Curbside Pickup Ancaster*||FREE|
|In-Store / Curbside Pickup Burlington*||FREE|
|Local Same Day Delivery (Mon - Fri)**||$9.99 (orders over $69)|
|Local Same Day Delivery (Mon - Fri)**||$14.98 (orders under $69)|
*In-store / curbside pickup options are visible to postal codes located in our retail store areas only.
**Local Same Day Delivery is visible to select postal codes in select delivery areas only. Orders placed after 11 am will ship the next day.
We currently ship within Canada only. Some surcharges may apply for addresses in remote locations. Please see our Shipping & Orders page for our full shipping policy.
Still have questions?
For additional shipping information & our return policy, check out our Shipping Policy and our Return Policy pages.
If you have any other questions, please email email@example.com or call us toll free at 1-800-263-3890. We will be happy to help!
Breville Barista Touch Automatic Expresso Machine, Black Truffle
I am very pleased with my new purchase . It is absolutely beautiful and so easy to operate . I love the touch screen and automatic milk frother.
Makes a very good cup of coffee.
WOAH - So good and so simple!
Originally We had the Breville Infuser, a great entry level model, but we wanted to upgrade and spoke with the team at ECS.. The Crew were patient and kind and let us test drive this machine in store. This upgrade is well worth it, we love our Breville Touch. the fresh ground Espresso beans make a huge difference the grind setting and timer are simple to adjust and reset the machine creates such rich Creama when necessary and offers a variety of beverage choices the steam and foam wand does a great job for every beverage - as long as you are not looking to create some foam art you will be happy. it is a simple system to use for a coffee lover who does not want to spend all day making a drink.
So far so good. You do get better the more you use it. Love all the features the unit has. Best of all was the price. ECS had the best price. Better than the internet. Thanks
So that is what espresso tastes like...
We recently purchased our Breville Barista Touch machine online, at ECS Coffee. Their website is intuitive, easy to navigate. Prompt confirmation of our order and received the securely packaged machine; two business days later; at our door step. We normally drink stove top espresso. Please note there is a bit of a learning curve on this precision machine. The instruction booklet is easy to navigate and provides visuals / diagrams to complement the written segments. The use / function of the unit requires some manual effort along with pre set espresso extractions. The milk frothing feature is superb. You can even ‘set’ your coffee preference once you have determined the espresso/ latte/ cappuccino, you enjoy. Price point is always a consideration, so do some research if you are considering this unit. ECS Coffee have the best, most reasonable price points, based on our research. Back to the title of this review. As mentioned we have been using a stove top espresso maker for years. Always enjoy the coffee. However, once you taste the espresso brewed by this Breville unit , you (we) will be pleasantly surprised by the aroma and excellent flavour. As a side note, ECS have several excellent machine demonstrations on their website. This is what caught our attention to ECS. Their videos do not try to ‘sell’ you on a product, rather they excel at providing advice on what to consider, if you are thinking about venturing into making espresso coffee at home. A refreshing approach to the consumer marketplace. If still uncertain you can arrange a demonstration at the store. Ciao!